Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Victory over "MR NO"!!!

Hey,I'm so happy today!!It suddenly hit me that I've actually got over my fear of facing a "No".......:)I used to be one of those people who will not even bother to ask for something ,in anticipation of being turned down"What will that person think about me","how will I face them again","it's just not worth the risk ","why bother,they'll say no anyways","why should i talk to someone new-they won't respond".....were the first thoughts that used to enter my mind............;)
And I'm sure that happens with all of us too......We are so sure we're going to get turned down that we don't even bother asking !.....And god forbid if someone responds negatively,we take it immediately to heart and feel rejected-"they don't care about me""why did i even bother","i'm a failure","i'll never ask again"...........doesn't that sound familiar....it did to me just a few months ago;)..I used to get really upset&probably never risk it again!!

And now that it has dawned on me that a "NO" is always to a request and not to the all important "ME".......sigh...I can't tell you what a relief that is!!!So now it doesn't matter how many "nos " i hear ,it's only for the request right...so how does it affect me!!!

Have you noticed how little kids keep asking for something they want&just don't care how many times we turn them down.......it just doesn't matter to them!!And finally,they always manage to get their way;)....coz they know that we're only saying no to the icecreams&the chocolates,but not actually to them!!!
.........but for us so called knowledgeable adults;),just one "no"is enough to get us down forever!!!

I have been inviting some close friends&relatives of mine for a life altering programme which is very dear to my heart!Initially when i was my old self ,i used to even hesitate to talk about it.....what will they think about me"MODE;)I used to even feel a little odd to keep calling them.......
..But now when they are not able to fulfill my request due to genuine reasons,it just doesn't bother me at all!!!I just somehow understand that they still care as much about me even if they don't turn up!!
Today a buddy of mine complimented me on being understanding about him not turning up for the umpteenth time(although he had really wanted to come) &for patiently following up every time,That's when it dawned on me that i hadn't even realised that i had called so many times&more importantly that i was actually not upset at all!!I owe him one for acknowledging me and giving me that breakthrough:)!

That's when it hit me that this was the new me,free from all imaginary upsets &I had actually conquered my biggest enemy"MR NO".! And how could I forget that I had been saying no for the same programme for 7 years:)........what if my friends had given up on me??I would never have achieved what I have today!!!

I can now face all the imaginary and real "NO"s at work,in relationships&life itself,which used to tie me down-with a "so what"!!.......Hurrah!I'm so happy and honestly very relieved too...:)
So it's now...."HALLA BOL" on MR NO!!.......

P.S..........all the guys wooing their girlfriends can take a hint from me...get going,guys!!!

No comments: