Thursday, December 27, 2007

Don't worry,be happy!!!

Worry-The biggest curse of our lives!!
Worry is of 2 types-1. over things we can't control- which is anyways useless;)
2.over things we can control-so why worry at all if u can control or do something abt it;)


This week, my visa application was approved !!!A big load off my head or rather my daughter's :)She was convinced that we wouldn't be getting it&was already planning a backup plan just in case the visa was nt okayed!!!!She just couldn't stop herself from compulsively worrying about it.....She was wondering whether to try again with her school or her aunt-till i had to tell her to just let go!!I for once was sure we would definitely get it,so I didn't lose any sleep over it!!!It was only when i told her that only 98% of what we feared never happened &only 2% actually occurred,did she relax a bit!!My little son who has now understood this philosophy, reminded her how he had helped his friends get over their tiny worries (which looked real big to them!!)................that she took a chill pill!!

That reminded me of the time,when my uncle was admitted with a mild heart attack last month.We were all really really worried about the 100% &90% blocks in his heart.......gave us sleepless nights with all sorts of ideas entering our heads-We were wondering what action to take next,till a leading doctor just laughed off&dismissed the report abt the blocks-He said it had always been there from the last 10 yrs &he had already done a bypass to treat it-so that was not the problem at all-so there was nothing at all to worry about!What a relief that was ---and
that set me thinking-the 2% theory does hold true after all!!!;)

No comments: