Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Putting.......... off things!!!!

I believe that procrastination used to truly be the bane of my life;)..........I'm a master at putting off things......Somehow i always found a reason for not doing something&very valid reasons at that!!I always had a long to do list-with regards to my health,finance,career stored in my phone's memory,which obviously i never bothered to look at............so they always maintained a very stable status -quo;)

But the irony was that I was the first person to carry out errands fr people,take my kids&inlaws to the hospital or book tickets fr my friends.I was extremely prompt when it came to other people ,even to the extent of putting off my work but not fr myself!!I remember carrying around a nomination for excellence in enterpreneurship for almost a month before i actually got around to filling &posting it.

It was only when it struck me that I only put off things that I needed to do for myself that I woke up !!!I began to examine why I behaved in such a peculiar manner and it finally dawned on me that I just never considered myself important enough!!Is it surprising then that I neglected my health,my career......anything to do with ME!!!
So now that gyaan has dawned ,I've started setting right this imbalance in my life!!!How will I be able to take care of other people's health when I'm sick myself....or be a support to someone when my career itself was stuck....
So I've started ticking off MY to do list with a vengeance.....started my health checkups,my export plans&am more organised now.....It's actually great fun deleting each one off the list......still a long way to go.....but my to do list has come down to only 5 imp items from 20 which is simply great....I'm actually blogging every week now(which is also due to a kind soul's encouragement;)...but it feels really good to express yourself!!

I was missing out on all this !!!
It's true when they say that U can only create happiness fro others when u're happy& self fulfilled yourself!!:)

1 comment:

Skywalker said...

Dear Akka, How true.... just to add a little road side humour tinge to this, i will not put off my half finished things anymore. no more starting & leaving an initiative mid way. Next time when i meet you, i would have finished the half empty bottles of Vodka, Rum & Wine at my place.... :-)) Cheers...( Hic.... sure as well it feels nice even to think about it)